Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How do you pronounce these swedish names?

Fran莽oise, Johan, Emile, and Andr茅





Its confusing me because those are the names of my soon-to-be-host-family in france except they are swedish immigrants. So I would know how to pronounce them in french, but I'm not sure if its the same in swedish and I really want to pronouce their names the swedish way.

How do you pronounce these swedish names?
Frahn-swah, Yo-hahn, Emeel or Emeelay (not sure, sorry), and Ahn-dray.





Either way, you should always ask how to pronounce their names when you meet them. It can't be taken as rude, you're not familiar with their pronunciations. They should be a little understanding seeing as they are immigrants themselves.
Reply:first one is pronounced fran- swar


No comments:

Post a Comment