Monday, November 16, 2009

What are some Swedish pet names like "sweetie" or "honey"?

"S枚tnos" - Sweetie or baby (actual translation is sweet nose.)


"脛lskling" - Loved one.





Another way of making terms of endearment is to personalize the term using something that feels right to say for you.


Examples:


"Mitt hj盲rta" - "My heart"


"Min sj盲l" - "My soul"


"Mitt andetag" - "My breath"


"Min vackra blomma" - "My beautiful flower"

What are some Swedish pet names like "sweetie" or "honey"?
These are all fairly common terms of endearment:





S枚tnos (lit.: sweet nose)


Raring (sweetie, honey)


Gullet (cutie)


Gullunge (cutie kid)


脛lskling (darling)


V盲nnen (the friend - but said like this, much more tender)


Lilla v盲n (little friend)


Hj盲rtat, or hj盲rtat mitt (my heart)


Mitt hj盲rtegryn (my grain of heart)


Grynet (my grain)


Snuttunge


Snutten / Snuttan





...and one of my favourites:





Pussgurka! (= Kiss cucumber!) Don't ask me why!


No comments:

Post a Comment